Saturday, September 6, 2008

No Pics, Just General Thoughts

About the way people drive here in Mass. , when you are at a stop light and there is no turn signal to go left, it is generally acceptable to beat the on coming car and turn in front of them. It is almost like there is a hesitation from the person who has the right of way.
At intersections, the left lane is straight through or left turn and the right lane is straight through. Once you get through the intersection, the right lane merges into the left lane at about a car length or two. So you have people who are cutting you off trying to get in front of you.
If you are not an aggressive driver when you come here, you will learn very fast how to drive aggressively.
Of all the Wal-Mart's in this part of New England I have not found one that is a Super Wal-Mart.
Gina and I think we have figured out why. We think that the local small markets in the towns around here have put a stop to any "Super" Wal-Marts because it would hurt their business.

More thoughts............when I think of them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chuck, Finally got a chance to check out the blog. I'm very impressed with the pictures and the your thoughts. So you have a problem with Ma drivers?
Let's put it this way, after driving in Ma you are prepared for anything!
When I have time I will view more of your blog, I really like it.

Henry