Monday, August 18, 2008

First Day @ Brockton

Sorry no pics on this post. There was a server error that prevented the upload, I will try again later. Now, let's talk about Brockton. Today was my first day at Brockton. It went very good, definitely better than my first day at Oakland. Oakland did get better though after a very rough start. The apprehension was there this morning, the jitters of not knowing how you will fit in, how the supervisor will be to work with. The technologist that I worked with today was great, so friendly and very helpful. The supervisor was very friendly and easy to talk to. He has over a terabyte of music saved on his hard drive and has the music on the computers in the exam rooms. He asks the patients what their favorite music is and he plays it for them.
I think this will be a very good assignment. My advice for first day jitters............. JUST DO IT !

Yesterday, Gina and I went went to Plymouth. In 1620 the pilgrims landed at Pilgrim and the first Thanksgiving was celebrated there. I was disappointed in the size of the rock. Seriously, we have dug up bigger rocks in our back yard in Lexington !
I will post pics from Plymouth as soon as the server will allow.

PS....... It was really nice to have Gina here tonight after my first day to talk about it. She cooked dinner for us, we had tacos and brownies for dessert. It was great having a real home cooked meal and not a microwave dinner.

Stay tuned.........................

No comments: